When You’re the Only Woman of Color ft. Maura Cheeks
Being the only woman of color at work isn’t easy. On today’s show I’m chatting with writer Maura Cheeks who studies the psychological stress of living at the intersection of racism and sexism.
- Easy Ways to be a Great Holiday Hostess
- NYT: Combing My Hair and Finding Myself
- Lenny Letter: The Psychic Stress of Being the Only Black Woman at Work
- Fusion: a quick video primer on microaggressions
- NPR: learn more about stereotype threat here
- Ep 26: Quitting with Grace
- Ep 12: Know Your Worth
Today’s episode is sponsored by Gusto. Sign up now and get 3 free months when you run your first payroll!
Got a career conundrum you want us to cover next? Or a boss move to share? Call and leave a voicemail NOW at 910-668-BOSS(2677).
LIKE THIS POST?
Then you’ll love our FREE job search checklist!
Download yours now:
We’re here to help you craft a happy, healthy, and sustainable career path with award-winning personal and professional development training.