How to Explain a Short-Term Job Stint
We live in a world where women and people of color disproportionately experience microaggressions that can make a workplace toxic. Today’s caller is wondering how to explain her multiple short-term job stints that were due to toxic workplaces without bad-mouthing her past bosses.
I sat down with Alexis Perrotta, editor and writer at Idealist Careers, to review the best practices for moving on quickly and gracefully.
Links related to what we discussed:
- Navigate career transition at Bossed Up Bootcamp
- Read more from Alexis on IdealistCareers.org
- Boss Tip: Lack Experience? Make It Up!
- That study I mentioned on “Can An Angry Woman Get Ahead?”
- How to Create Your Own Personal Advisory Board
- Ep 20: Surviving a Toxic Workplace
Got a career conundrum or #bossmoves moment you want to share on the podcast?
Call and leave a voicemail for Emilie NOW at 910-668-BOSS(2677).
We’re here to help you craft a happy, healthy, and sustainable career path with award-winning personal and professional development training.