So you want to contribute to the Bossed Up Blog?
We’re always looking to elevate the voices of women helping women!
We strive to provide resources for women who are primarily in their 20’s and 30’s, living in urban and ethnically diverse communities, with the underlying goal of helping them craft healthy, happy, and sustainable careers and lives.
You should write for us if…
- You dig the Bossed Up brand
- You have an authentic and relatable story to share
- You want to share your advice, expertise, or experience with others
- Like us, you reject burnout culture and are striving for sustainable success
Content we’re looking for includes…
- Helpful lists
- Personal stories that share a lesson learned
- Tips and tactics for personal and professional development
- Discussions on women in the workplace, pop culture, and world
Guest Post Guidelines
- Start out by reading our blog! Get to know the topics we share. We can tell if you haven’t.
- When writing your posts, consider how to draw your audience in. Use a click-worthy headline and a lead-in that will keep readers wanting more.
- Keep your writing style fun, funky, and fresh. We’re all professional women – but that doesn’t mean our writing has to be stuffy.
- Avoid fluff. Get to your point. Would you be able to read this easily on your phone?
- Your post should be helpful and share-worthy. If you wouldn’t share it on your Facebook timeline, chances are we won’t either.
- Feel free to include links to timely press or academic research, but nothing promotional or spammy. We highly encouraging linking to relevant posts already on the Bossed Up blog within your draft, too.
- The writing we produce is not mass produced or replicated quickly. Spend some time planning, writing, and revising your piece. We recommend this process, outlined by the brilliant Brittany Berger!
- End your post with a call to action. Ask our audience to share or comment on the post.
- By submitting content to us, you are guaranteeing to us that you own the content and have not plagiarized. You also grant us permission to allow others to share or repost your content, with credit to you as an author.
- We currently do not have a budget for paid guest post submissions, but are happy to give you a byline on our site (complete with links to your website and social media accounts).
How to Submit
- Include a bossin’ headshot, links to social profiles or your website you would like on your author profile, and a short paragraph bio about yourself with your submission in the format of a Word or Google document.
- Including a title and SEO keywords is helpful. Find out how impactful your headline is by using this tool!
- Photos are not required, but welcomed as suggestions so long as you own the photo rights (or they are in the public domain).
- Create a Gravatar.com account associated with your submission email address and upload your headshot.
- Submit all the above via email to Blog@BossedUp.org with “Guest Submission” included in the subject line.
What to Strive For…
Below are some of the best posts we’ve seen over the last year. This is the kind of content we want to see from you!
What comes next
Submissions will be reviewed regularly. If your content meets the above guidelines and requirements we will contact you to provide feedback or any edits necessary before publishing.
We are inundated with guest submissions, so are only able to respond to inquiries that adhere to the guidelines outlined above, but rest assured that we review them all.
When your submission is ready to be published, we will let you know the anticipated publication date and attempt to provide a link to the post when possible so that you can share the content on your own social channels.