9 Inspiring Quotes from Women of Color to Celebrate Black History Month
February is Black History Month and we’re celebrating inspiring black women all month long!
Which words of wisdom from women of color are fueling you forward?
1. “I knew then and I know now, when it comes to justice, there is no easy way to get it.” – Claudette Colvin
2. “Surround yourself with only people who are going to lift you higher.” – Oprah Winfrey
3. “I just want women to always feel in control. Because we’re capable, we’re so capable.” – Nicki Minaj
4. “The way to right wrongs is to turn the light of truth upon them.” – Ida B. Wells
5.“We need to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves. We have to step up as women and take the lead.” – Beyonce
7. “Freeing yourself was one thing, claiming ownership of that freed self was another.” – Toni Morrison
8. “I have learned over the years that when one’s mind is made up, this diminishes fear; knowing what must be done does away with fear.” – Rosa Parks
9. “Luck has nothing to do with it.” – Serena Williams
LIKE THIS POST?
Then you’ll love our FREE job search checklist!
Download yours now: